Oral Material   Volume  Lesson 19  

1

A: 请问你贵姓

What's your last name please?

 

B: 我姓黄,我喊做黄二。 你贵姓名

My last name is Wong. My name is Wong Ngee. What's your name?

 

A: 我姓张,我喊做张三。

My last name is Chang. My name is Chang Lham.

2

A: 你读书读得几样呀?

How's your school?

 

B: 我读书读得好忙。

I'm very busy with school.

3

A: 我讲台山话讲得几

How's my spoken Taishanese?

 

B: 你讲台山话讲得好好。

Your speak Taishanese very well.

4

A: 陈先生教书教得几

How's Mr. Chan's teaching?

 

B: 陈先生教书教得非常之好。

Mr. Chan teaches very well.

5

A: 该时你做生意做得好

How's your business right now?

 

B: 唔好,该时我做生意做得唔好。

Not well, my business is not well now.

6

A: 昨晚你瞓得好吗?

Did you sleep well last night?

 

B: 好,昨晚我瞓得好好。

Yes, I slept very well last night.

7

A: 你个学生写中文字写得靓唔靓

Does your student write Chinese characters well?

 

B: 靓,我个学生写得文字写得好靓。

Yes, my student writes Chinese characters very well.

8

A: 你个细佬驶车驶得快唔快

Does your young brother drive fast?

 

B: 快,我个细佬驶车驶快得逮。

Yes, my young brother drives too fast.

9

A: 你个女朋友行路行得慢唔慢呢?

Does your girl friend walk slowly?

 

B: 慢,我个女朋友行路行慢得逮。

Yes, my girl friend walks too slowly.

10

A: 请坐哟,黄先生。

Sit down please, Mr. Wong.

 

B: 唔使拘啰,李先生。

Don't worry about it, Mr. Li.

Reading Material

黄二到学校学中文学得好忙,讲台山话讲得好好,写中文字写得好靓。佢系一个好聪明同好勤力个学生。

Wong Ngee is very busy studying Chinese in schol. He writes Chinese characters very well. He's a very intelligent and hard-working student.

张三系黄二个朋友。张三唔系几聪明,冇黄二该聪明。张三读书读得唔系好勤力,佢读书冇黄二读得该勤力。张三写字写得唔靓。佢写字冇黄二写得该靓。张三讲台山话讲得唔好,佢讲台山话冇黄二讲得该好。

Zhang Lham is Wong Ngee's friend. Zhang Lham is qute smart, but not as smart as Wong Ngee. Zhang Lham does not study very hard. He does not study as hard as Wong Ngee. Zhang Lham does not write Chinese characters well. He does not write as well as Wong Ngee. Zhang Lham does not speak Taishanese well. He does not speak Taishanese as well as Wong Ngee.

李四亦系黄二个朋友。佢以前喺陆军语言学校读书,该时佢冇读书,佢喺日本做生意,佢做生意做得好不好。黄二写信俾佢,同寄钱俾佢;黄二写信写得非常之好。

Li Lhee is Wong Ngee's friend too. He went to Army language School before. He does not go to school now, and he does business in Japan. He is not doing well with his business. Wong Ngee writes to him, and send money to him. Wong Ngee writes letters very well.

 

1.    贵姓啊?    [gi33 ɬein33 ?a33]         What's your last name?
2.    几好样?    [gi33 hɔu21 yiaŋ215]     How is it?  In what manner?
3.    喊做          [ham33 du33]                to be called as, to be named as
4.     名             [miaŋ225]                      name, given name
5.    生意          [saŋ33 yi33]                  business
6.    昨晚          [dɔu21 man21]              last night
7.    驶              [sɔu55]                          to drive
8.    做生意      [du33 saŋ33 yi33]          to do business
9.    唔使          [m22 sɔu55]                   need not, it is not necessary, do not have to
10.  唔使拘      [m22 sɔu55 kui33]         don't stand on ceremony.
11.                [fun33]                           to sleep, lie down
12.  快得      [fai33 ak33 dai32]          too fast
13.  慢得      [man32 ak33 dai32]       too slow